03 April 2009

Time, time, time...

Where's it all go? I was up late last night working on plans for yet another big fish sampling project. If it happens, this one will be on the Upper Mississippi.

The kids and I squeezed in a run-and-ride last night, but we missed piano practicing and didn't eat dinner until Cindy came home at 8:30. It's still getting dark before she rides home from work. Anything for more time.

Pedaled to work this morning in a 40 degree rain. I wrapped myself in a PTFE hornet suit. Dry on the inside, and brightly visible on the outside. Traffic is less with the schools on spring break. I scared a couple of deer. White tails in the air splashing through a little wetland. Sometimes I think it's worth the extra time it takes to ride my bicycle to work. Other times I wonder.

Had a nice chat with the chief engineer for our county road commission. They'll be replacing the bridge over the Red Ceder on Dobie Road this summer. It's that old narrow bridge with the wooden sidewalk. I'll have to take pictures of it before they tear it down. ASHTO funds will get us a new bridge, but the rest of Dobie is years from improvements. We talked about the rest of Dobie, and why it hasn't been improved. Time, time, time. That's a story I'll save for later.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I had the exact same weather for my commute this morning. We were supposed to go to Ft Collins for a singing competition that Chris was judging, but the interstate was closed with snow, so here we are at home.

    ReplyDelete