02 April 2009

Spring Break

Spring break has arrived. The kids are out of school through the end of next week. All of their friends are in Florida, so they'll probably be bored all week. Today the air feels spring-like, but I see snow in the forecast for Monday and Tuesday, which will coincide nicely with our little local spring break camping trip. We're going to try out yurt for a couple of nights.

Tandem bicycling still hasn't started for us this spring. I'm working on some upgrades -- well, modifications, anyway -- to the little blue Burley. It should be ready to roll soon. We had the cranks shortened in the front and rear, I've changed the gearing, and it's getting new handlebars, brakes, and shifters. All of these changes are intended to improve efficiency, comfort, and function for Cindy and Abbey on their machine. I'll post some details eventually.

Abbey now has her own blog. Maybe she'll be better at keeping hers up to date than I am with mine. Hers is limited to friends and family and is by invitation only, so you'll have to send me (or her) an email if you'd like to see it.

1 comment:

  1. We had snow on April Fools Day. For a while there, I was fooled. I still don't know how they did it.

    So, what's the link to Abbey's blog? We can only read your February post so many times.

    ReplyDelete