18 August 2008

My belly's still full from the food I just ate...

I forgot to include this in the tales of the MUP. During the many miles, many hours, we spent preparing for the bicycle tour, pedaling around the MSU farmlands and among the cornfields between Okemos and Mason and beyond, we did a lot of singing. We even wrote a song. Abbey started it one day, not on her bicycle, but in our kitchen, after a big lunch, just before a ride. She walked out, dancing, hips swaying, rubbing her belly, and singing, with a rhythm that clearly had its roots in reggae,

My belly's still full from the food I just ate,
my belly's still full from the food I just ate.


Later, while out on the tandems we added more,

I went to the store and I got some bread and jelly,
I ate it all up, it was sittin' in my belly,
I went for a run and it wasn't any fun,
'cause my belly's still full from the food I just ate,
yeah, my belly's still full from the food I just ate,
oh, my belly's still full from the food I just ate.


We try to have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment