07 March 2011

Our Rodriguez Tandem Needs a New Home

It's a nice tandem in a shiny, beautiful, industrial sort of way, but our AL26 needs a new home. It's been on the shelf half-naked for the last couple of years while I tried to decide what to do with it. I really like it and it's in great mechanical condition, but it's a little small for me (in length moreso than height), and I haven't been quite sure what to do with it, other than show it to people when they come to our house. We could keep it as a sort of spare bicycle or guest tandem, but I've decided to see if we can sell it. Quinn and I would like to acquire a more aggressive off-road machine with disc brakes and a suspension fork. Getting a little money for this one could help fund a new machine... so please let all your tandem-enthusiast buddies know about this rare opportunity to buy this classic piece of mountain tandem history!

Here's are links to a couple of adds for it:

MMBA Forum

Tandem Magazine Classifieds

Click here to see some recent photos.

2 comments:

  1. That's a lovely bicycle, and we do talk now and then about tandems, but I think we need a different geometric configuration--if I am to ride on the back, that is--my legs are about 4" longer than David's, and it seems that it's assumed that the stoker is shorter! Hmmmm. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Rodriguez is a nice machine, and I can see it making a great bicycle for a parent/child pair or and appropriately sized adult pair. As it's currently equipped, it would work really well for rail trails and bike paths, paved or not, and for general riding around town.

    I agree with you, Yowie, that this is not the right tandem for you and David. I'm sure there are frames out there that would work for you. Rodgriguez tandems are still being built by Dennis Bushnell at R&E Cycles in Seattle; and even the standard bikes are custom-sized. Someday maybe I'll have one built for Cindy and me...

    ReplyDelete