01 July 2008

Double Commute on my Double Cross

We're having some beautiful weather today. Our high was in the low 80s. It was 48 when I left home on my bicycle this morning. I must have been so happy about the weather that I forgot my panniers that contained my lunch, clothes, lock, and tools. I didn't even realize it until I arrived and lifted my bike up the curb to lock it to the rack. It was unusually light! I was glad, however, because it meant I got to ride back home to get my stuff. Extra bicycling on a beautiful morning! I should have known that something was amiss because as I was riding up the gentle incline along Hulett road I was traveling at 19-20 mph instead of my usual 16-17 mph. At the time, I assumed it was a result of the beautiful weather and my newly rebuilt Soma DoubleCross, and perhaps a slight tailwind (although there wasn't any wind), but it was just that missing 15 pounds of stuff hanging off my bike.

I saw numerous bicycles on my ride in today. It's so nice that summer is finally here!

No comments:

Post a Comment